GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets have removed Miller’s Cheese Corp. Shredded Cheese packages from its shelevs due to a potential Listeria contamination.
The following products, with expiration dates of June 5, 2012 through September 4, 2012, are affected by this recall:
* Miller’s Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 7881236950
* Miller’s Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 7881200910
* Haolam Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 2663826200
* Haolam Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 2663800264
* Haolam Shredded Pizza Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 2663826300
To date, GIANT/MARTIN’S said it has has received no reports of illnesses associated with
consumption of this product.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions or bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Listeria monocytogenes, a bacterial that can cause serious and sometimes fatal in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.
Symptoms typically include a fever, muscle aches and sometimes diarrhea or other stomach problems.
For additional information on the recall visit Miller’s website at www.millerscheesecorp.com or call the GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service line at 1-888-814-4268.
Powered by Facebook Comments