If Governor Ed Rendell is out to remake his image as “America’s Mayor”, and governor says anything,” then his voyage has officially started.
Appearing on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report on Monday night, Rendell attempted to put his foot in the comedic ring in an attempt to become America’s next great standup comedian.
“just flew in from Harrisburg and boy, are my arms tired.”
Rendell had his moments, as he tried to keep up with the nonstop laughing train — also known as Stephen Colbert.
Colbert went right for Rendell’s jugular, pumping up the radio interview that’s still coursing through the country’s collective vein –”a nation of wussies.” Perhaps, Rendell’s last great rant as governor. How many times does he hear that before calling it a night?
True to form Eddie did not back away, “We can’t get anything done anymore.” Oh, there is still plenty of fight left in brand Rendell, “It’s time for us to start fighting back.”
The soon to be ex-governor has circled all the wagons to help him make the jump to late-night Television. He now counts himself as a client of William Morris, a talent scout with plenty of game.
Here’s an idea, and its free of charge from Rock The Capital, Ed could do standup at Tom Corbett’s inauguration.
Colbert closed out Rendell’s time with a question burning in most inquiring minds, what is next for big Ed? “The biggest challenge going forward is learning to drive a car. I haven’t driven in 20 years.”
(If you want to see Rendell’s appearance on the Colbert report — go ahead and click here.)
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Sick and Tired Workers: An Epidemic of Corporate Greed ~ Featured 21 Apr, at 19 : 57 PM
- Top Ten Cites for for Solar Value ~ Featured 20 Apr, at 14 : 55 PM
- A Call for Fair Pay for College Athletes ~ Featured 14 Apr, at 15 : 05 PM
- Ten Surprising Tax Deductions in 2015 ~ Featured 13 Apr, at 11 : 21 AM
- Pension Payments Made to Former Treasurer and Felon Rob McCord, LCB Ethics’ Violators, Porngaters and Turnpike Commission Felons ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 30 Mar, at 07 : 16 AM