If Governor Ed Rendell is out to remake his image as “America’s Mayor”, and governor says anything,” then his voyage has officially started.
Appearing on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report on Monday night, Rendell attempted to put his foot in the comedic ring in an attempt to become America’s next great standup comedian.
“just flew in from Harrisburg and boy, are my arms tired.”
Rendell had his moments, as he tried to keep up with the nonstop laughing train — also known as Stephen Colbert.
Colbert went right for Rendell’s jugular, pumping up the radio interview that’s still coursing through the country’s collective vein –”a nation of wussies.” Perhaps, Rendell’s last great rant as governor. How many times does he hear that before calling it a night?
True to form Eddie did not back away, “We can’t get anything done anymore.” Oh, there is still plenty of fight left in brand Rendell, “It’s time for us to start fighting back.”
The soon to be ex-governor has circled all the wagons to help him make the jump to late-night Television. He now counts himself as a client of William Morris, a talent scout with plenty of game.
Here’s an idea, and its free of charge from Rock The Capital, Ed could do standup at Tom Corbett’s inauguration.
Colbert closed out Rendell’s time with a question burning in most inquiring minds, what is next for big Ed? “The biggest challenge going forward is learning to drive a car. I haven’t driven in 20 years.”
(If you want to see Rendell’s appearance on the Colbert report — go ahead and click here.)
Powered by Facebook Comments
- They Brand Cattle, Don’t They? ~ Featured, Political 27 Feb, at 00 : 51 AM
- Pet Care: Ten Cold Weather Tips ~ Featured 23 Feb, at 17 : 02 PM
- COUNTDOWN! Good guys of 2014 ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 16 Feb, at 16 : 54 PM
- Top Legislative Per Diems for 2014 ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 16 Feb, at 16 : 31 PM
- Former state treasurer’s guilty plea puts his public pension at risk ~ Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 7 Feb, at 22 : 02 PM