Radioactive waste is getting a 60 year lease at nuclear plants.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has granted Three Mile Island and all other operating nuclear plants the option to keep the waste on site for 60 years, yes, six decades after a facility shutdown.
This decision effectively doubles the amount of time the waste can be on-site, and it comes on the heels of a federal reduction in dollars for a proposed underground storage facility in Nevada.
You can find his reasoning by clicking on Rock The Capital.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Money and Water Flow Naturally Away From Their Source ~ Business, Economy, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 16 Nov, at 07 : 57 AM
- Don’t Count Out the Labor Movement ~ Business, Featured, Political 31 Aug, at 07 : 19 AM
- Top Sales Tax States ~ Business, Featured 30 Jul, at 09 : 19 AM
- Marcellus-Related Plant Offered $2 Billion to Come to Pa. ~ Business, Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 12 Jun, at 07 : 11 AM
- Top Ten Reforms Ignored by Governor Corbett and the Legislature ~ Business, Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 24 Oct, at 09 : 25 AM