Rock The Capital reached Pennsylvania’s outgoing Governor Ed Rendell in Washington. Rendell spoke to us about a number of issues ranging from his greatest accomplishments as governor, to the deadly shooting rampage in Arizona, and the hurt that still lingers over the long running rumor mill that he cheats on his wife.
We also asked Rendell about his comments as of late as well as his now joked about interview with 60 Minutes, in which the governor called Correspondent Leslie Stahl’s producers, “simpletons.”
Rock The Capital wanted to know if it was showmanship on Rendell’s part, or well choreographed histrionics, as he angles to get himself a regular job on network television.
“If its showmanship, it is consistent with what I have done for the last 30 years and certainly losing my temper was not a good idea if I wanted a career in the media. Look it is, what it is. I have always had the ability to say things that were interesting, honest and frank. I have always said things that are controversial at times, but that is because I never hold back, and say what I think. I think overall, it has been an asset of mine, and over the course of 33 years, I have lost my temper a number of times, but I am a strong believer that if you show me a person that doesn’t lose their temper, I will show you a person that doesn’t care much about what they do.”
Governor Rendell talks candidly about all of the whispers and rumors that he has been unfaithful to his wife and he sizes up President Obama’s future. That and more coming up in Rock The Capital’s exclusive one on one interview on Thursday.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Jumping Aboard Fracking’s Fossil Fuel Carousel ~ Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 10 Oct, at 11 : 50 AM
- Tom Corbett’s Sizzle has Fizzled ~ Economy, Education, Energy & Environment, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 10 Sep, at 12 : 10 PM
- Top Ten Richest Countries of the World ~ Economy, Featured 5 Aug, at 11 : 47 AM
- How the Corbett Administration Is Diverting State Funds to Bail Out Harrisburg ~ Dauphin County Watch, Economy, Featured, Haste Makes Waste, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 1 Aug, at 12 : 35 PM
- An Out-of-the-Box Solution to Pennsylvania’s $50 Billion Retirement System Debt ~ Education, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 7 Feb, at 21 : 23 PM