HBO’s “Gasland,” the documentary about the negative impact of drilling for natural gas in the Marcellus Shale and across the U.S. is now shooting for a step-below the moon.
The film is among five documentary feature’s that are up for an Oscar Award. The work is the brainchild of Josh Fox.
Fox hails from Pennsylvania. He told Rock The Capital last September he never started out to make a documentary; he just wanted to learn more about drilling after a representative from the gas industry showed up at his door with a contract in one hand and a whopping fat check in the other – - to extract gas from Josh’s property.
Josh Fox has an interesting personal story to tell, and you can learn more about him in our exclusive interview by clicking on Rock The Capital.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- ‘Made in America’ Just a Political Slogan to Conservatives ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Watch Dog 10 Feb, at 13 : 48 PM
- U.S. fracking production crashes, but incoming PA Gov. Wolf still hopes to raise big revenue from Marcellus shale ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 29 Jan, at 23 : 26 PM
- Divesting America of Ozone-Destroying Energy Sources ~ Energy & Environment, Featured 27 Jan, at 10 : 01 AM
- The Fracking Boom is a Fracking Bubble ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Political 30 Dec, at 10 : 17 AM
- Former state treasurer’s guilty plea puts his public pension at risk ~ Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 7 Feb, at 22 : 02 PM