Obama is scheduled to visit Penn State University next Wednesday as a way underscore his vision for renewable energy, which he spoke of in his State of the Union speech.
Penn State is closely to tied to a new “energy innovation hub” at the Philadelphia Naval Yard, which aims to develop new ways to construct energy-efficient buildings.
“The goal is to keep the cost of building the same while reducing energy costs over the life of the buildings,” U.S. Sec. of Energy Steven Chu said.
During his State of the Union address, President Obama spoke of hitting the 80 percent mark by 2035, the mark is electricity, and the 80 percent would come from clean energy sources.
(Rock The Capital is your source for environmental news, check out our lasting posting on Marcellus Shale.)
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Education Budget Countdown ~ Education, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 28 Apr, at 12 : 01 PM
- An Out-of-the-Box Solution to Pennsylvania’s $50 Billion Retirement System Debt ~ Education, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 7 Feb, at 21 : 23 PM
- Richard Nixon: The Last Liberal President? ~ Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Legal, Political 28 Jul, at 12 : 27 PM
- ‘Made in America’ Just a Political Slogan to Conservatives ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Watch Dog 10 Feb, at 13 : 48 PM
- PA Pension Debt has passed $66 billion ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 6 May, at 11 : 31 AM