Less than a week after the emotional volcano that erupted in a Pennsylvania House Rules Committee meeting the commotion presumably seen all over the world courtesy of Youtube, and lawmakers are back for another go.
We are awaiting word that all is civil, and legislators are back to working on behalf of all Pennsylvanians. There is after all a lot of vital work to be completed, for a thorough breakdown of what is at stake click on Tim Pott’s piece.
During the last meeting, Republican’s proposed to reduce the number of Democrats on legislative committees and clamp the minority parties ability to amend pieces of legislation on the floor. Those proposed rules along with others could wind up today on the floor of the House for a vote.
In the aftermath of the well recorded break-down, Jim Burn, the chairman of Pennsylvania’s Democratic Committee told Rock The Capital, he called on Republican Mike Turzai, the House Majority leader to resign his leadership position.
Turzai has declined to address the call for his ouster, in a news release, Turzai said,”bringing integrity to the government is crucial. The House intends to move forward with its opening reform package on Monday.”
Powered by Facebook Comments
- LZ - Resurrection: Spiritual Healing Worship Service Planned ~ Featured 30 Aug, at 00 : 23 AM
- Pennsylvania Pension Debt: $68,005,526,682 ~ Featured 30 Aug, at 00 : 51 AM
- Richard Nixon: The Last Liberal President? ~ Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Legal, Political 28 Jul, at 12 : 27 PM
- Five Guys to the Rescue ~ Featured, Legal 7 May, at 11 : 15 AM
- Former state treasurer’s guilty plea puts his public pension at risk ~ Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 7 Feb, at 22 : 02 PM