The legislative road ahead to sell Pennsylvania’s hold on liquor starts next Monday.
Senate Law and Justice Committee Chairman John Pippy (R-37) will hold the first of multiple public hearings.
Pippy’s office has made it clear the committee will not discuss the merits of proposed bills to privatize, such as one offered by House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-28).
Instead members will focus specifically on the topic of privatization , and regulations adopted by other states.
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association, Reason Foundation, and the Commonwealth Foundation are among some of the folks expected to testify at the hearing.
(To read more about what’s at stake, click on Tom Dochat’s recent piece on Rock The Capital.)
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Money and Water Flow Naturally Away From Their Source ~ Business, Economy, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 16 Nov, at 07 : 57 AM
- Don’t Count Out the Labor Movement ~ Business, Featured, Political 31 Aug, at 07 : 19 AM
- Top Sales Tax States ~ Business, Featured 30 Jul, at 09 : 19 AM
- Marcellus-Related Plant Offered $2 Billion to Come to Pa. ~ Business, Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 12 Jun, at 07 : 11 AM
- Top Ten Reforms Ignored by Governor Corbett and the Legislature ~ Business, Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 24 Oct, at 09 : 25 AM