|Company||Millions (Short ton)/
Percentage of total production
|1. Peabody Energy||191,943/17.7%|
|2. Arch Coal||173,295/16.0%|
|3. Cloud Peak Energy||93,734/8.6%|
|4. Alpha Natural Resources||80,861/7.4%|
|5. CONSOL Energy||61,294/5.7%|
|6. Alpha Appalachia Holdings||37,793/3.5%|
|7. NACCO Industries||30,763/2.8%|
|8. Peter Kiewitt Sons||30,697/2.8%|
|9. Alliance Resources Operating Partners||28,876/2.7%|
|10. Energy future Holdings||27,731/2.6%|
Compiled by: Rock the Capital.
Source: Department of Energy & the Energy Information Administration.
Date: November, 2011.
Photo by dsearls
Powered by Facebook Comments
- The Fracking Boom is a Fracking Bubble ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Political 30 Dec, at 10 : 17 AM
- How Americans Came to Oppose Fracking ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 25 Nov, at 13 : 43 PM
- Railroad ‘Bomb Trains’: Speeding to Disaster ~ Energy & Environment, Featured 2 Sep, at 11 : 58 AM
- The Corporate Gas Shills of Academia (part 3) ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues 13 May, at 10 : 59 AM
- The Corporate Gas Shills of Academia (part 2) ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 6 May, at 11 : 16 AM