For the first time in nearly 40 years, voters in eastern Pennsylvania will have a new face and voice representing them.
Judy Schwank, a former Berks County Commissioner, will take over a vacant Senate seat, following the death of Michael O’Pake.
Schwank a Democrat beat back Republican challengers Larry Medaglia in a special election on Tuesday. Schwank won the 11th Senate District by 5,330 votes, although those results are still unofficial.
O’Pake was the longest-serving member of the Legislature and the Senate minority whip when he died in late December of complications from heart-bypass surgery.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Political Bonuses To Be Announced for the Governor, Legislature, & Judiciary ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 21 Nov, at 08 : 29 AM
- No Area Safe From Fracking ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 20 Nov, at 11 : 11 AM
- Re-Election Endorsements ~ Comics, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 8 Nov, at 12 : 34 PM
- Negative Mailer From Linda Dallago ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 3 Nov, at 15 : 08 PM
- Fracking Pennsylvania: Flirting with Disaster ~ Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues 23 Oct, at 08 : 26 AM