For the first time in nearly 40 years, voters in eastern Pennsylvania will have a new face and voice representing them.
Judy Schwank, a former Berks County Commissioner, will take over a vacant Senate seat, following the death of Michael O’Pake.
Schwank a Democrat beat back Republican challengers Larry Medaglia in a special election on Tuesday. Schwank won the 11th Senate District by 5,330 votes, although those results are still unofficial.
O’Pake was the longest-serving member of the Legislature and the Senate minority whip when he died in late December of complications from heart-bypass surgery.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- RTC Comments on PO Box for e-mails ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 1 Oct, at 16 : 31 PM
- Rock the Capital To Set Up Anonymous Post Office Box to Collect Complaints Relating to Inappropriate E-mails ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Press Releases, Watch Dog 30 Sep, at 09 : 43 AM
- The Politics of Animal Cruelty ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 30 Sep, at 09 : 45 AM
- Millionaire to welfare: A case of the accuser judged by the accused ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 27 Sep, at 12 : 38 PM
- Top Ten Reasons Ron Tomalis Is Not A Ghost ~ Uncategorized 15 Sep, at 09 : 39 AM