For the first time in nearly 40 years, voters in eastern Pennsylvania will have a new face and voice representing them.
Judy Schwank, a former Berks County Commissioner, will take over a vacant Senate seat, following the death of Michael O’Pake.
Schwank a Democrat beat back Republican challengers Larry Medaglia in a special election on Tuesday. Schwank won the 11th Senate District by 5,330 votes, although those results are still unofficial.
O’Pake was the longest-serving member of the Legislature and the Senate minority whip when he died in late December of complications from heart-bypass surgery.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- No Merit Badge for This Scout ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues 6 Mar, at 13 : 25 PM
- An open letter opposing PSATS’ endorsement of Marcellus bills HB1950 and SB1100 ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 18 Feb, at 10 : 53 AM
- By the Numbers: 2013 ~ Pennsylvania Issues, Political 31 Jan, at 19 : 38 PM
- Train Derailments Another of Fracking’s Problems ~ Energy & Environment, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues 28 Jan, at 08 : 47 AM
- Pennsylvania Delegation to the United States Congress ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Watch Dog 20 Jan, at 10 : 19 AM