For the first time in nearly 40 years, voters in eastern Pennsylvania will have a new face and voice representing them.
Judy Schwank, a former Berks County Commissioner, will take over a vacant Senate seat, following the death of Michael O’Pake.
Schwank a Democrat beat back Republican challengers Larry Medaglia in a special election on Tuesday. Schwank won the 11th Senate District by 5,330 votes, although those results are still unofficial.
O’Pake was the longest-serving member of the Legislature and the Senate minority whip when he died in late December of complications from heart-bypass surgery.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Coal or Candy? ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 8 Dec, at 09 : 25 AM
- Gene Stilp's Theory of Legislative De-Evolution ~ Pennsylvania Issues, Political 5 Dec, at 23 : 04 PM
- A Textbook Case of Willful Distortion ~ Featured, Political 13 Jan, at 17 : 22 PM
- The Fracking Boom is a Fracking Bubble ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Political 30 Dec, at 10 : 17 AM
- A note to Tom Wolf ~ Featured, Political 30 Dec, at 10 : 14 AM