For the first time in nearly 40 years, voters in eastern Pennsylvania will have a new face and voice representing them.
Judy Schwank, a former Berks County Commissioner, will take over a vacant Senate seat, following the death of Michael O’Pake.
Schwank a Democrat beat back Republican challengers Larry Medaglia in a special election on Tuesday. Schwank won the 11th Senate District by 5,330 votes, although those results are still unofficial.
O’Pake was the longest-serving member of the Legislature and the Senate minority whip when he died in late December of complications from heart-bypass surgery.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Happy Valley: Do You Know Robert Jubelirer? ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues 23 Apr, at 17 : 59 PM
- Top PA Gubernatorial Contributors ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 22 Apr, at 14 : 40 PM
- Top Ten Pennsylvania Political Gifts in 2012 ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues 17 Apr, at 18 : 29 PM
- Second "Ethics Gate" Scandal Suit Filed ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Press Releases 4 Apr, at 14 : 50 PM
- Anti-Fracking Activist Can Now Go to the Hospital ~ Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 3 Apr, at 11 : 46 AM