For the first time in nearly 40 years, voters in eastern Pennsylvania will have a new face and voice representing them.
Judy Schwank, a former Berks County Commissioner, will take over a vacant Senate seat, following the death of Michael O’Pake.
Schwank a Democrat beat back Republican challengers Larry Medaglia in a special election on Tuesday. Schwank won the 11th Senate District by 5,330 votes, although those results are still unofficial.
O’Pake was the longest-serving member of the Legislature and the Senate minority whip when he died in late December of complications from heart-bypass surgery.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Top 10 Job Prospects for Tom Corbett ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 3 Nov, at 17 : 13 PM
- Up in Smoke ~ Comics, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues 1 Nov, at 15 : 11 PM
- Spectrum Features Syndicate ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 30 Oct, at 21 : 49 PM
- Justices behaving badly: PA Supreme Court has embarrassing history ~ Pennsylvania Issues, Political 28 Oct, at 13 : 57 PM
- For Pennsylvania Politicians Crime Pays and Pays Some More ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 28 Oct, at 13 : 14 PM