With that number comes what matter’s most to Obama; more than 50 percent of Americans believe he has earned a second term based on his handling of foreign affairs, and more surprisingly the economy.
According to analysis gleaned from that poll, 52 percent of Americans say the president is doing an admirable job of steering us out of the Great Recession, and 73 percent of the folks polled are confident that Obama can handle terrorism.
Overwhelmingly, Americans approve of the way the military handled the raid of bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad.
Analysts suspected Obama would get a hefty round of approval following the bin Laden’s demise, but how long it will last is certainly tied to the economy. The poll found that still half of the people are not quite as optimistic with the unemployment rate stuck at 9 percent and gas prices tipping $4 a gallon.
Still, Obama is scoring well with a key voting block, nearly two-thirds of the independents polled give the president high marks as compared to March when only half said they were likely to vote for him in 2012.
(What impact is this having on a key market index of the economy, watch this video posted on RTC.)
Powered by Facebook Comments
- I have Questions; The Candidates Don’t Have Answers ~ Debates, Featured, Political 5 Nov, at 19 : 48 PM
- Romney v. Obama: The Debate That Wasn’t ~ Debates, Political 5 Oct, at 07 : 48 AM
- Standardized Exams are not about Standards ~ Debates, Education, Featured 24 May, at 08 : 22 AM
- Rock The Capital Minute ~ Debates, Energy & Environment, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, RTC Media, Satire 16 May, at 10 : 14 AM
- A Surplus in Name Only ~ Debates, Economy, Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Video 11 May, at 11 : 31 AM