From the Bucks County Courier Times:
The request is unlikely to be filled as the state is facing budget difficulties.
With a ratio of residents to judges higher than any other county in Southeast Pennsylvania, Bucks County needs more judges, President Judge Susan Devlin Scott said.
But in the face of a deepening state budget crisis, it appears unlikely that even an existing vacancy will be filled soon.
Scott sent a letter April 26 to each of Bucks County’s state senators laying out the case to expand the common pleas court from 13 to 15 members. She said population growth and an increase in the number of certain kinds of cases have left the bench short-staffed and unable to properly manage cases.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- I have Questions; The Candidates Don’t Have Answers ~ Debates, Featured, Political 5 Nov, at 19 : 48 PM
- Romney v. Obama: The Debate That Wasn’t ~ Debates, Political 5 Oct, at 07 : 48 AM
- Standardized Exams are not about Standards ~ Debates, Education, Featured 24 May, at 08 : 22 AM
- Rock The Capital Minute ~ Debates, Energy & Environment, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, RTC Media, Satire 16 May, at 10 : 14 AM
- A Surplus in Name Only ~ Debates, Economy, Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Video 11 May, at 11 : 31 AM