Stage 1. Do the misdeed, but deny it profusely.
Stage 2. Insist that you have erred, but done nothing illegal. (But we feel good criticizing you, anyway)
Stage 3. Weepingly accept all responsibility for disappointing any voters who may be inclined to not vote for you in the next election.
Stage 4. Blame the press for picking on you and vow never to resign. (In a solitary corner, pray the next offender will surface before you are finally done in.)
Stage 5. Resign and hit the book and speaking circuit.
(Stages may overlap.)
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Richard Nixon: The Last Liberal President? ~ Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Legal, Political 28 Jul, at 12 : 27 PM
- Top Ten Political Riddles ~ Political, Satire 14 May, at 10 : 46 AM
- Ten Modern Plagues for Passover ~ Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Satire 4 Apr, at 12 : 47 PM
- Outsourcing America’s Health Care ~ Featured, Political, Satire 25 Jan, at 08 : 28 AM
- Ten Suggestions to Save Harrisburg ~ Featured, Satire 28 Nov, at 16 : 54 PM