Meet the FOCers, Friends Of Corbett. FOCers are rich, well-connected, and used to getting what they want. And so red-state proud.
The FOCer of-the-week is Shell Oil. Their announced profits for second quarter 2011, is $8,000,000,000, and yes, that’s quarterly profits of nine zeroes, not six. The 6B quarterly profits represent a 77 percent increase over last year. And profits for the first six months of 2011 total $14,900,000,000.
And high friends. On October 30, 2009, a Shell executive gave $5,000.00 to elect Tom Corbett as governor of Pennsylvania. On December 23, 2009, in the season of charity and good will, a Shell executive gave an additional $150,000.00 to elect Corbett as governor; on December 30, an additional $25,000.00; and one day later, on December 31, yet another $25,000.00. Merry Christmas. On August 25, 2010 a shell executive gave Corbett’s campaign a check for $100,000.00 and an additional campaign contribution of $3000.00 on October 13, 2010.
In 2009-2010 Gov. Corbett received a total of $1,634,096 in contributions from the natural gas industry, $1,083,315 of that total from 216 donations.
In June of 2012, with bi-partisan support, meaning both Dems and Republicans accept FRAC-PAC money, Gov. Corbett announced a $1,700,000,000 tax-credit to Shell Oil to create 400 jobs. A tax credit is a government subsidy, government assistance to get something going, in this case, public assistance for the Shell Oil Company. By contrast, in 2011, Pennsylvania schools eliminated or left vacant over 14,000 jobs. Thousands more lost their jobs this spring.
The tax-credit scheme will be attached to the newly agreed on Commonwealth budget that will cut business taxes by $275,000,000, slash money for county-run social services by 10 percent, eliminate $150,000,000 in general assistance for temporarily disabled adults who are out of work, keep aid for public schools and higher education at drastically slashed levels which will hold horrible consequences for a society that is entirely dependent upon an educated work force.
High times, high friends. Meet the FOCers.
Photo by chesbayprogram
Powered by Facebook Comments
- UNREDACTED, Finally. Derry’s Government Waste Continues ~ Dauphin County Watch, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues 20 Mar, at 12 : 24 PM
- The Rise and Fall of James Ellison ~ Dauphin County Watch, Haste Makes Waste 30 Oct, at 11 : 43 AM
- Coalition Forming to Challenge Corbett Administration’s Harrisburg Bailout Plans Involving LCSWMA Incinerator Purchase ~ Dauphin County Watch, Haste Makes Waste, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 24 Sep, at 11 : 58 AM
- Take It or Leave It: LCSWMA's Jim Warner Bristles at Tough Questions From Harrisburg City Council ~ Dauphin County Watch, Energy & Environment, Featured, Haste Makes Waste, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 13 Sep, at 18 : 30 PM
- For Whom, Exactly, Does the Pa Legislature Work? (Hint: Think Deep Pockets) ~ Dauphin County Watch, Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Meet the FOCers, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 24 Jul, at 08 : 48 AM