For Immediate Release
Says issues can’t wait until Aug. 18th board meeting
HARRISBURG, Pa., July 27, 2010 – Auditor General Jack Wagner sent a letter yesterday to John Estey, the chairman of the Delaware River Port Authority, calling for ten categories of reforms to be instituted at the authority in light of revelations of management and fiscal improprieties at the authority over the past several weeks.
“Action on these issues cannot wait until the meeting scheduled for August 18, 2010. I strongly recommend that you convene a meeting at the earliest possible date focused solely on these and other reform proposals,” said Wagner, an ex-officio member of the board. “It is imperative that we address and rectify all outstanding concerns and controversies and return everyone’s attention to our core mission.”
A copy of Wagner’s letter is attached.
Auditor General Jack Wagner is responsible for ensuring that all state money is spent legally and properly. He is the commonwealth’s elected independent fiscal watchdog, conducting financial audits, performance audits and special investigations. The Department of the Auditor General conducts more than 5,000 audits per year. To learn more about the Department of the Auditor General, taxpayers are encouraged to visit the department’s website at www.auditorgen.state.pa.us.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- I have Questions; The Candidates Don’t Have Answers ~ Debates, Featured, Political 5 Nov, at 19 : 48 PM
- Romney v. Obama: The Debate That Wasn’t ~ Debates, Political 5 Oct, at 07 : 48 AM
- Standardized Exams are not about Standards ~ Debates, Education, Featured 24 May, at 08 : 22 AM
- Rock The Capital Minute ~ Debates, Energy & Environment, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, RTC Media, Satire 16 May, at 10 : 14 AM
- A Surplus in Name Only ~ Debates, Economy, Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Video 11 May, at 11 : 31 AM