We have received a lot of email about this year’s Integrity Questionnaire and the lack of response by Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Corbett. All we can tell you is that the Corbett campaign continues to say they will respond.
Democracy Rising PA and Rock the Capital sent the questionnaire on July 6 and asked for responses by August 1. Democratic gubernatorial candidate Dan Onorato responded on August 2. Click here to read the questionnaire and Onorato’s responses.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide the perspectives of other candidates for governor from the Green Party, the Libertarian Party and the TEA Party. All three candidates withdrew when their petitions were challenged.
This raises the perennial issue of how hard it is for candidates other than Republicans and Democrats to get on the ballot. This year, candidates for the two major parties needed only 2,000 signatures on nominating petitions. Other candidates needed more than 16,000.
DR’s Tim Potts will participate in a news conference on Monday in the capitol along with many other groups who are seeking a level playing field for all who want to become candidates for public office.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- I have Questions; The Candidates Don’t Have Answers ~ Debates, Featured, Political 5 Nov, at 19 : 48 PM
- Romney v. Obama: The Debate That Wasn’t ~ Debates, Political 5 Oct, at 07 : 48 AM
- Standardized Exams are not about Standards ~ Debates, Education, Featured 24 May, at 08 : 22 AM
- Rock The Capital Minute ~ Debates, Energy & Environment, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, RTC Media, Satire 16 May, at 10 : 14 AM
- A Surplus in Name Only ~ Debates, Economy, Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Video 11 May, at 11 : 31 AM