From the Lebanon Daily News:
State Sen. Pat Browne of Allentown, chair of the Senate Finance Committee, and Rick Dreyfuss, a retired Hershey Co. executive and senior fellow with the Commonwealth Foundation, a conservative think tank, took their swings at the pension piñata during an early morning meeting of Sen. Mike Folmer’s Business Advisory and Local Government Advisory committees Thursday. The Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce co-hosted the meeting at Med-Ed’s auditorium.
Folmer said no issue “threatens the financial health of our commonwealth more than the unfunded liability of Pennsylvania’s pension systems.”
Those numbers: an estimated $1.45 billion in 2010-11, $6 billion in 2012-13, and $7.4 billion in 2015-16.
With about 50 business people and local school and government officials listening, Dreyfuss and Browne discussed how the pension crisis developed and possible approaches to addressing it via PowerPoint presentations. Those PowerPoints are available at www.senatorfolmer.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- I have Questions; The Candidates Don’t Have Answers ~ Debates, Featured, Political 5 Nov, at 19 : 48 PM
- Romney v. Obama: The Debate That Wasn’t ~ Debates, Political 5 Oct, at 07 : 48 AM
- Standardized Exams are not about Standards ~ Debates, Education, Featured 24 May, at 08 : 22 AM
- Rock The Capital Minute ~ Debates, Energy & Environment, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, RTC Media, Satire 16 May, at 10 : 14 AM
- A Surplus in Name Only ~ Debates, Economy, Featured, Legal, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Video 11 May, at 11 : 31 AM