Lincoln University’s tarnished image is coming under more scrutiny – now that its come to light that Abdulalim Shabazz, (pictured to the right) a former mathematics professor at Lincoln, also supports the destruction of Israel and maintains that the Holocaust is a myth.
“If there is another professor, that is really troubling because then you start flirting with a pattern,” said Senator Daylin Leach.
It comes on the heels of Thursday’s lengthy meeting between lawmakers and administrators at Lincoln — much of the talk was over Siddique’s (pictured to the right) well established history of hate and revision of history.
University President Ivory Nelson called Siddique’s (pictured to the right) statements and writings “insidious” but there is nothing else they can do because the professor is tenured.
President Nelson wrote that there is no indication that Siddique, an associate professor in the English department, taught students that the Holocaust is a lie to make Jews money.
Leach has heard differently, and he is put off, by the way, the university has handled the circumstances so far – as if to pay light lip service.
“Whether its against Jews, African Americans, or anyone else that the reaction would be sort of universial, full-throated, sincere, angry condemnation, followed by what can we do in the balance of the law,” said Leach.
Leach says the legislative black caucus is fully supportive of holding hearings and learning the truth.
Lincoln was founded in 1854 on the ideals of non-discrimination and unity. The university is located in Chester, and has received tens of millions of dollars from Pennsylvania over the years.
Leach says the college is going to have to work hard to restore his support, “I would think it is in Lincoln University’s best interest to get to the bottom of this.”
It is not clear when Shabazz stopped teaching at Lincoln.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Education Budget Countdown ~ Education, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 28 Apr, at 12 : 01 PM
- An Out-of-the-Box Solution to Pennsylvania’s $50 Billion Retirement System Debt ~ Education, Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 7 Feb, at 21 : 23 PM
- LZ - Resurrection: Spiritual Healing Worship Service Planned ~ Featured 30 Aug, at 00 : 23 AM
- Pennsylvania Pension Debt: $68,005,526,682 ~ Featured 30 Aug, at 00 : 51 AM
- PA Pension Debt has passed $66 billion ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 6 May, at 11 : 31 AM