Please note change of date
Due to unforeseen developments, Rock the Capital has rescheduled the press conference it originally planned for Monday July 8, 2013. The press conference will take place on Wednesday July 10, 2013 at 11: 00 a.m. in the Rotunda of the Main Capital Building.
Contact: Eric Epstein
New Report on Legislative Pensions
The Pay Raise Eight Years Later
(Harrisburg, Pa) - On Wednesday July 10, 2013 at 11: 00 a.m. in the Rotunda of the Main Capital Building, Rock the Capital will release the results of its research on the impact of House Bill 26, PN 1905 (2001) on the pensions of current and former legislators.
The Legislative Pension Report speaks for itself but clearly demonstrates why it is unlikely that the legislature will enact statutory reforms to eliminate Act 51 of 1995 (COLAs), change the per diem system or defuse the pension time bomb.
The Legislative Pension Report will feature:
• Legislators’ annual monthly annuities.
• Legislators’ lump-sum, pension pay outs.
• Legislators’ biographies including family trees and lobbyists.
• Current Board, committee and leadership arrangements.
• Post-legislative job placements in state government.
• Update on the legislative pay raise.
• Update on the legislative police blotter.
Please note that the numbers below were transposed in the original Senate Report:
• Sen. Jane Earll:
Monthly pension: $1,629.34.
Lump-sum withdrawal: $75,642.99.
• Former Sen. Jack Wagner:
Monthly pension: $4,768.26.
• Former Sen. Noah Wenger:
Monthly pension: $3,979.82.
Lump-sum withdrawal: $142,350.28.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Russ Diamond Launches Bid for 102nd District Seat ~ Press Releases 25 Feb, at 12 : 32 PM
- RTC's Walter Brasch featured on PCN on Aug 14 at 7pm ~ Press Releases 6 Aug, at 09 : 02 AM
- Will the Real Joe Pitts Please Stand Up ~ Featured, Watch Dog 10 Feb, at 09 : 49 AM
- Pennsylvania Delegation to the United States Congress ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Watch Dog 20 Jan, at 10 : 19 AM
- Tom Corbett's Cash and Carry Harrisburg Bailout ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 10 Sep, at 18 : 21 PM