You know the line about the early bird and the worm and its no different for the thousands about to lose unemployment benefits. Labor and Industry Secretary Sandi Vito says people must continue to file claims — it is the only way to get the money if benefits are restored.
“Unemployed Pennsylvanians who haven’t received all the benefits possible under the federal emergency and extended benefit programs should continue filing claims,” said Vito. “Doing so will expedite processing and speed payment in the event that Congress is able to reach an agreement and extend these crucial lifelines for people struggling to find work.”
Labor & Industry mailed notices to nearly 100,000 unemployed Pennsylvanians whose benefits ended, or soon will end, with instructions on how to continue filing claims.
Pennsylvania has fared much better than most states, and the climate has improved,but with Congress’ waffling to extend Emergency Unemployment Compensation; the upshot is that 140,000 people will lose benefits in December and, that number will grow to over 200,000 by January.
“The people receiving these benefits lost jobs through no fault of their own. They did not ask to be in the predicament they face, and there’s no doubt that they would rather be working than waiting for Congress,” Vito said.
Rock The Capital makes it easy to look up information on how to file a claim or locate other related unemployment compensation questions.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Richard Nixon: The Last Liberal President? ~ Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Legal, Political 28 Jul, at 12 : 27 PM
- Jumping Aboard Fracking’s Fossil Fuel Carousel ~ Economy, Energy & Environment, Featured, Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 10 Oct, at 11 : 50 AM
- Tom Corbett’s Sizzle has Fizzled ~ Economy, Education, Energy & Environment, Pennsylvania Issues, Political 10 Sep, at 12 : 10 PM
- Top Ten Richest Countries of the World ~ Economy, Featured 5 Aug, at 11 : 47 AM
- PA Pension Debt has passed $66 billion ~ Featured, Pennsylvania Issues, Political, Watch Dog 6 May, at 11 : 31 AM