From Church World Service (http://www.churchworldservice.org):
Yesterday, news reports started circulating that President Trump is seriously considering terminating the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. This move would turn our nation’s back on immigrant youth who are valued members of our communities. Terminating DACA would place nearly 800,000 immigrant youth, whom the program allows to work and live legally in the United States at immediate risk of deportation. We need your support to defend the program TODAY.
Join us by making a call to your local elected officials asking them to keep the DACA program intact.
You can also take action by calling the White House and Members of Congress and using social media to make your voice heard.
President Trump: (202) 456-1111 (please leave a message)
Your Senators and Representatives: (202) 224-3121*
*Please call this line 3 times to be connected with your 1 Representative and 2 Senators. Alternatively, you can call directly—find contact information at http://casey.senate.gov, http://toomey.senate.gov, and http://www.house.gov (for your representative).
Sample Script: “I’m your constituent from [City, State]. I support the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and strongly oppose any attempt to terminate it. DACA has given nearly 800,000 young people the opportunity to pursue their dreams. This is their home. I urge you to do everything in your power to protect DACA and stand in solidarity with immigrant youth.”
For social media you can tweet the following: .@realDonaldTrump and your Senators/Representatives @[HANDLE], protect DACA! My community stands with immigrant youth. #DefendDACA #HereToStay (NOTE: See Twitter handles for the entire PA delegation below.)
Your actions today can help hundreds of thousands of young people currently protected by DACA. Please spread the word and share this alert with your networks, and don’t forget to tell us if you take action so we can better advocate in Washington D.C.
For more information on how you can help defend DACA please click here for a faith toolkit and here for more resources. If you want to know about the state by state economic impact of the DACA program you can click here.
- Bob Casey: @SenBobCasey
- Pat Toomey: @SenToomey
- Bob Brady (PA-1): @RepBrady
- Dwight Evans (PA-2): @RepDwightEvans
- Mike Kelly (PA-3): @MikeKellyPA
- Scott Perry (PA-4): @RepScottPerry
- Glenn Thompson (PA-5): @CongressmanGT
- Ryan Costello (PA-6): @RepRyanCostello
- Pat Meehan (PA-7): @RepMeehan
- Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-8): @RepBrianFitz
- Bill Shuster (PA-9): @RepBillShuster
- Tom Marino (PA-10): @RepTomMarino
- Lou Barletta (PA-11): @RepLouBarletta
- Keith Rothfus (PA-12): @RepRothfus
- Brendan Boyle (PA-13): @CongBoyle
- Mike Doyle (PA-14): @USRepMikeDoyle
- Charlie Dent (PA-15): @RepCharlieDent
- Lloyd Smucker (PA-16): @RepSmucker
- Matt Cartwright (PA-17): @RepCartwright
- Tim Murphy (PA-18): @RepTimMurphy