Rock the Capital is a good-government watchdog group formed after the Pennsylvania legislative, judicial and executive branches conspired to enact a pay raise in violation of the state constitution.
RTC tracked legislators who took the pay raise, refused to pay the money back, and profited from a “pension bounce.”
• Advocated for eliminating annual Cost of Living increases, cash donations, and legislative “slush funds.”
• Assisted local communities statewide in exposing corruption, and navigating the Right to Know Process.
• Cut legislative “slush funds” in half from 20o5-2019.
• Demanded accountability from the Pennsylvania Supreme Court which resulted in the defeat of one justice and removal and resignation of two supremes.
• Documented abuse, corruption, extravagant gifts , and wasteful spending at the Liquor Control Board, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
• Sought to reform the Legislative Reapportionment Committee.
• Supported pension forfeiture legislation. • Repealed the illegal Pay Raise of 2005.
• Supported a Constitutional Convention, Resign to Run legislation, and redistricting reform.
• Tracked annual COLAs, per diems, and pension pay outs for legislators.
• Uncovered Executive Branch appointees working as “ghost employees”, in order to enhance their pensions thorough the “footprint rule”
• Publications include: “Roadmap to Reform,” “ The Pay Raise: 2005-2014,: “The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission: Unsafe At Any Speed”, “The Road Not Taken: A Summary of Attempts to Ban Gifts from 2006-2014”, Twelve Step Program to Reform the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency.”